Glam by Manicare Magnetising Eyeliner & Magnetic Lashes Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use the Glam Magnetising Eyeliner + Lashes system?
- Try on lashes to check fit and trim if needed without cutting off outer magnets completely.
- Apply magnetic eyeliner on the top of eye lid along natural lash line. Leave to dry for 60 seconds.
- Lay down magnetic lashes on top of line and click into place.
We recommend applying lashes with the thumb and index finger as the easiest option and avoiding the use of metal tweezers which interact with micro magnets on the lash. Patch test Magnetising Eyeliner prior to use to determine any sensitivity and do not use if any irritation occurs. Avoid direct contact with eyes and contact lenses. In case of eye contact, rinse immediately with water.
What is in the Glam Magnetising Eyeliner that makes it magnetic?
The Glam Pro Magnetising Eyeliner contains patent magnetising particles that attract other magnetic elements.
Is the Glam Magnetising Eyeliner safe for eyes?
Our Magnetising Eyeliner has conducted relevant testing in order to comply with Australian regulatory requirements. Patch test prior to use is recommended to determine any sensitivity. Do not use if any irritation occurs. Avoid direct contact with eyes and contact lenses. In case of eye contact, rinse immediately with water.
Are the Glam Pro Magnetising Eyeliner and Magnetic Lashes vegan and cruelty free?
The Magnetising Eyeliner contains Beeswax which is technically not an animal ingredient, however is produced by animals therefore we cannot claim that this product is vegan. We align with quality manufacturers who respect animal rights and therefore do not test on animals. The latest Glam Pro Willow and Khloe lashes are both made from 100% synthetic hairs.
Does the Magnetising Eyeliner and Magnetic Lashes contain latex?
No, all products in the magnetising range does not contain latex.
What are the ingredients of the Glam Magnetising Eyeliner?
Aqua (Water), Styren/Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Triethanolamine, Cera Carnauba, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100, Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, CI 77499 # EL-MAG01
How long will the Glam Magnetising Eyeliner 5mL last for?
Each 5mL bottle lasts up to 50 applications however this depends on how thick you like to apply your liner.
Is the Glam Magnetising Eyeliner waterproof?
As the eyeliner can come off if rubbed with water, it is technically not waterproof, however, is smudge proof and long lasting.
Can the liner be worn with eye shadow?
Yes, the eyeliner is just like any cosmetic eyeliner and can be worn with eyeshadow, mascara and other cosmetics for eyes.
How do I remover the Glam Magnetising Eyeliner?
The eye liner is easily removed using make up removers. Micellar water and make up remover towels are also handy to use for removing this eye liner and eye make up in general.
Can the Glam Magnetising Liner be used with any Magnetic lashes?
The Glam Magnetising Liner has magnetic properties that will attract other magnetic surfaces hence other lashes with magnetic attachment will adhere to the liner. However, the Glam magnetic lashes have been specifically designed to be used in conjunction with the Glam Magnetising Eyeliner as they include discreetly and strategically placed micro magnets, including 2 longer magnetic strips on the ends for better hold and allowance for cutting if needed to fit eye shape. Therefore we highly recommended these products to be used together as part of the eyeliner and lash system.
Can I wear this eyeliner through the airport security scanning?
My eyeliner looks bubbly when I open it?
This is normal and the nature of the formulation. Ensure you shake the eyeliner bottle vigorously prior to opening and using.
Why are my lashes not sticking to the liner?
Consider the following:
- Ensure your eye is cleansed before applying the liner and ensure there is no oiliness in your eyelid from products such as makeup removers, or moisturisers as this effects how the liner will set on the eye. If your eye lids are prone to getting oily, it is recommended that you use a concealer and or powder to set the eyelids to prolong the eyeliner staying on.
- Ensure the eyeliner has set for at least 60 seconds and touch dry before applying lashes. Part to check the liner has set and if note, allow more time. In humid weather conditions in particular, more time is needed in order to dry.
- A thicker line is recommended especially in the inner and outer corners of the eyes to ensure there is maximum grip.
- Bend the lashes to create more of a curve in line with your eyelid shape. This will allow the lash to site better along the eye curve.
- As the Glam magnetic lashes are reusable, check to see if there is any build-up on the micro magnets from previous use. If so, use a cotton bud and makeup remover to gently clean and then dry. A clean magnetic surface will allow for better connectivity with the magnetic liner.
- We recommend taking the Glam magnetising liner in your handbag for touch ups especially during prolonged wearing and during summer time.
Do you need to use glue for these lashes?
No gluing required. These lashes are designed to be used with Glam By Manicare® Magnetising Eyeliner which is sold separately.
How are these lashes different from other magnetic lash formats in market?
Most Magnetic lashes currently on the market have a top and bottom strip that both contain magnets. These are applied by sandwiching your natural lashes between the magnetic lashes and the magnets. Unlike these formats, the Glam Magnetic lashes only have one lash strip with magnets that attract the Glam Magentising Eyeliner.
Are the Glam Magnetic Lashes reusable and how many times can they be reused?
Glam Magnetic Lashes are reusable for multiple times, however this depends on how they are used and maintain. We recommend store in the tray provided after use, gently handling, avoiding mascara on lashes in order to extend life of these lashes.
Can I trim the lash if it is too big for my eye?
Yes, but without completely cutting off outer magnets as these are needed in order for the lash to stick on to the liner. The micro magnets on the ends have been designed to be longer in length to allow for slight trimming to size. Simply use sharp scissors to cut the lash strip/magnet.
Are these lashes waterproof?
We recommend not attempting underwater activities whilst wearing Glam Magnetic lashes as the lashes could some off due to the water pressure.
How do I remove the Glam Magnetic Lashes?
To remove lashes, gently peel off eyelid using your index finger and thumb. Store in the tray provided after use to extend the life of these lashes.
The micro magnets from my lashes have come off?
Consider the following:
- To avoid the weakening of the micro magnetic, it is recommended not to use metal tweezers but rather apply lashes with the thumb and index finger. Using metal tweezers can cause the micro magnets to attract powerfully to the tweezers which results in having to forcefully tear away the magnets from the metal tweezers which can result in weakening the adhesive of the magnets on the lash. To avoid this, we highly recommend that consumers use their fingers and simply and quickly click the lashes on top of liner with ease. In the case tweezers are the strongly preferred application method, then avoid grabbing the lashes along the band near the magnets and instead grab gently by the lash hairs.
- Handle the lash application/removal with care to avoid tearing the magnets of the lash strip. Be gentle and lift the lash off the eye lid slowly and carefully using your fingertips.
- Do not shower/wash lashes with products as this can cause the magnet adhesive on the lash strip to weaken causing the magnets to come off.
The micro magnets from my lashes are flicking off/not staying on the liner?
Consider the following:
- Ensure there is enough magnetising eyeliner on your eye and apply liner twice over if needed.
- Ensure there is thick line to allow for the micro magnets to attach to the liners. Pay particular attention to the inner and out corners and ensure the line is not too thin.
- Do the micro magnets have any makeup residue on them? If so, this could be causing the magnets not to interest with the liner as best as possible. Gently clean the micro magnets using makeup remover and cotton tip.
I think the eyeliner is too runny.
We understand that applying liquid-like eyeliner can be tricky and we have the following tips.
- Be sure to shake the bottle well to ensure that the eyeliner formulation has mixed thoroughly.
- Tap off any excess formula from the applicator tip before tracing your lids.
- If you are finding it hard control the consistency of our Magnetising eyeliner with the precise tip applicator provided, dispense some of the eyeliner onto your hand and use a thin angled brush to apply the liner onto your eyes instead.
- To prevent the eyeliner from bleeding, try priming your eyelids before applying the eyeliner. Simply use a liquid or cream concealer and gently pat on over the eyelids. Then set the concealer by sweeping a translucent or pigmented powder/shadow onto eyelids with a fluffy brush to create a base which will help to keep the eyeliner in place and prevent running.