Depuff, Lift, Sculpt and Detoxify!
Gua Sha (pronounced GWAH-SHAH), has been used in traditional Chinese medicine dating back 700 years during the era of the Ming Dynasty.
“Gua” translates to “scrape” in English and “Sha” is said to mean tiny red/purple flat spots in Chinese.
Gua Shas are traditionally made from gemstones and bian stone. These mineral dense stones are known for their healing properties.
Gua Sha is believed to address stagnant energy, referred to as CHI. Rubbing on the skin’s surface is thought to help break up this energy, reduce inflammation and promote healing.
This ancient Chinese healing technique is making a comeback. Stone therapy is evolving way beyond expectations, growing in popularity and it isn’t just a trend. It’s no surprise that many skincare enthusiasts are looking for ways to introduce Gua Sha to their facial and body routines.
Introducing the Manicare® dermaSCULPT Gua Sha Stone
Made from 100% natural bian stone, the Manicare® Gua Sha Stone is suitable for use on the face, neck and body.
- Designed to lift, sculpt, depuff and detoxify
- Helps increase blood flow
- Helps improve skin radiance
- Assists lymphatic drainage
- Helps enhance the performance of actives in your favourite skincare products
- Helps reduce puffiness
- Designed to target acupressure points known to relieve facial and muscle tension
- Helps plump fine lines and smooth skin texture
HOW TO USE A GUA SHA STONE
CLEANSE > HYDRATE > GLIDE:
1. Thoroughly cleanse your skin.
2. Apply your favourite facial oil, serum or mist generously on your face and neck to allow the tool to glide without dragging your skin.
3. Follow the massage diagram. Use upward and outward movements to firm, lift and detoxify.
4. Repeat in one direction (not back and forth) for 8-12 strokes in each area.
5. It is recommended you use the stone 3 times per week.
- Use the Gua Sha Stone in various long and short massaging strokes to stimulate micro-circulation of the soft tissue, which increases blood flow.
- Only apply light to medium pressure.
- Keep the stone relatively flat to sweep along your face of neck (instead of using actual edge).
- Pull, don’t push!
- Support your skin with your alternate hand.
- Glide the stone slowly and mindfully.